• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Oil restrictor

Sandzee

CB750 New member
Reaction score
Hi I have a Honda 750 f2 sohc engine, this very small restrictor was in the box of bits can any shed some light were this restrictor might go in the engine goes thanks in advance

Attachments

• IMG_5476.jpeg
    IMG_5476.jpeg
    214.5 KB · Views: 13
Your cylinder head should have 2 oil restrictors in it. Not sure if you have the engine that far apart. Either side of the cam chain, at the back of the head.

Items number 6 in the picture. They call them an orifice. They don't look like the one you have.

Attachments

• canvas.png
    canvas.png
    92.1 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Your cylinder head should have 2 oil restrictors in it. Not sure if you have the engine that far apart. Either side of the cam chain, at the back of the head.
I have the 2 oil jets that go in the head but this restrictor was in the same bag as oil jets some one has taken it out of some part of the engine

I have never seen that piece in a sohc 750 motor. The only restrictors in the oil system are the two in the head and that is definitely not one of them.

I agree with dirtdigger, I have tore apart many sohc engines and there are only the ones in the parts diagram. In fact I have never seen that part you pictured any where in or on the engine

thats just an early model head oil restrictor... whatever the original poster has is not from the 750 engine.

I have never seen that piece in a sohc 750 motor. The only restrictors in the oil system are the two in the head and that is definitely not one of them.
Hi yes got the 2 oil jets for the head but I agree I haven't seen one of these oil restrictor before in the engine

Back