• Enter the May CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Off and running, brought this as a failed cafe racer project,not to sure what it will turn out likejust going with the flow.

laza56

CB750 Member
Reaction score
IMG_20240218_161702_HDR.jpg

Yer kidding me.

How does it work down there?
The title thing here in the states can be a real, real issue.

Especially on older stuff.

Here, it’s usually a title, not just a bill of sale, insurance and a state inspection.

What do you need to tag a vehicle Down Under?

Previous registration is checked with vin numbers?

Not being a jerk, there are guys that are coming over here buying stuff and shipping it to your part of the world.
Most of it no titles, as long as it kicks over.
Was just wondering what they are doing with all of them.

As far as the bike goes, I’d go something that would use most of the stuff you already have. Keep it clean but functional.
Forget getting it back to original.

I mean, you see guys building these outlandish choppers, heck, they are mere statues. They ride them to the bar and back. And then they sit there. Hardly used.
The brats, the bobbers, the cafes, imho same deal.

I dunno. That’s a kind of superbike.
Great for some long distance, but set up not too crazy could be an every day commuter.

I’d google up cafe racers, bobbers, brat bikes, cruisers, hit the image buttons on all of them and decide what you would like.
Maybe a little of something from all of them.

Me, first, it’s got to be functional for what I do.
2nd, it’s got to look good.
3rd, I’d bite the bullet a bit if I already had parts. I’d try to use as much as I could.

Yeah, a long haul capacity bike kinda stripped down that was comfortable to sit
on and ride.

And paint it red.

Yeah lots of imports , your bike prices are cheap compared to ours , anything older than the 2000 are overpriced hear so it makes sense to buy up your bikes . My plan is to build it out of most of the parts it came with but more comfortable then a cafe racer, more seating upright , higher bars thick seat that sort of thing ,a bit of a custom bike , something to ride any day. It was never going to be put back to original as it has had frame modified with a hop add the the rear frame and all the tabs removed. Yeah I like the latest Madza metallic Red is my thinking.

There was a guy on another site I hit that redid bikes on the side.
Basket cases, barn finds, whatever.
As long as the title thing was good,
and he could get it inexpensive, like under 500 US, he’d jump on it.

The bike would be stripped to the frame,
and totally built using mostly what came with the deal. I think the last one he used a gallon of farm tractor red he got on a deal swapping a part for paint.

Clean, light, running and stopping good he would do 3 or 4 a year. And aim for 4k USD when selling them.

Sounds like you are heading in the right direction to me.

Best of luck mate.

Thanks happy with it so far ,frame is powered coated and triple tree, forks tubes rechromed and out legs powered coated,new bearing and fork seals, not in any hurry as I have a Triumph Tiger 800 as a daily rider.

Back