New to site from NWA

chopit

CB750 Enthusiast
Reaction score
See a couple of familiar names and faces here! Reckon thats to be expected as I frequent a couple other forums also. First forum I was ever on was the xs650 site and gained from it, so I look forward to popping in here some!

Here's my rattletrap

riders roost.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the welcome Joe. Just saw another new guy here less than an hour from me. Ozarks is representing...haha. I'm over between Centerton and Gravette.

Hey chopit, do you have a good picture of that jackshaft setup that is on your avatar picture? I have been messing around with several different designs and haven't really found one that I am completely happy with. Start a photo gallery and post lots of pictures lol.

Hey chopit, do you have a good picture of that jackshaft setup that is on your avatar picture? I have been messing around with several different designs and haven't really found one that I am completely happy with. Start a photo gallery and post lots of pictures lol.

dd its a one off design I came up with and talked my machinist into helping me build. I call it a floating jackshaft because it just has one attahment point to a piece of round stock run between the lower mounts that it floats on and I can adjust both chains at the same time just at the rear adjusters. I will try to find some good pics, but expect I'll be tearing the bike partly down soon for some freshening and plan on getting some.

There is a disadvantage to mine, as this is just a prototype and you learn as you go. Since it does just basically float instead of being solid mounted to the frame, I don't attempt any radical launches or smoky burnouts ;). Not sayin it wouldn't hold, just not ready to find out.

Last edited:
It looks pretty clean from the picture. I had a jackshaft on my hardtail but built a prototype offset sprocket with a bearing support on the motor so I could get rid of the jackshaft. So far so good but I always seem to want to add more power and I like smokey burnouts so I am always looking to beef up my drive setup.

Back