• Enter the May CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

New Rider, Tons of Issues.

xyjames

CB750 New member
Reaction score
I purchased a 1981 BC750K with a dew minor issues and started learning to ride. After some time I had a crash and landed rather hard on the right side of my bike. I have since began too have issues that were once not present. The issues are as follows and my attempted fixes.

Won't hold a charge;
.New Regulator
.Had battery tested; was okay
.tested stator; the readings were good as per a Youtube video?

When revving with the hand-bar(?) I sometimes get a swooshing sound and the engine puts and dies. It can happen while in motion or when taking off.
What I have done;

Nothing, from my very limited knowledge, I intend to change (add to )the oil. It is low, so it needs to be done either way.

I am eager to get these issues resolved as I love riding, and summer is almost over. Thank you for the help in advance!

You most like already checked to be sure no wires were disconnected after the crash... worth checking if you haven't done that. Same for the "swooshing" sound... like sucking air? Check both the front and rear of the carbs to be sure the insulators (front) and boots (rear) are secure and not leaking... with the bike idling, spray some starter fluid around the insulators and boots and listen for a change in idling RPM. If it changes, you have an air leak.

Back