• Enter the May CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

New owner of a 1982 CB750K

Well it seems your old HD is still working. I'll check the frame for the boss. Neither of the former owners would have modified it or even known what it was. Maybe my tank was not sitting in the correct position. As usual many thanks.

Are the rubber tank mounts installed on either side of the front of the frame? If not your tank might be sitting too far forward and this could result in the bars hitting the tank

Hope things are going well mate - riding season is here and man I'm jonesing to get my CB on the road...

Could you send me the link (if you have one) for where you bought your carb/airbox rubber boots? I've looked for some on eBay but can't find any for under $80...

Thanks mate

X2 but tank would be loose.

For rubbers...............

http://www.partsnmore.com/parts/honda/cb750sc/?filters[fitting]=custom

Further down page $50 + shipping of course.

Some steering heads have the tab at top AND bottom, the ignition cylinder key lock may fit aside the bottom one, work it and see. That would have the top hitting inside the upper aluminum handlebar triple. Why I have the cobwebs, something is different there.

And, if like said, the frames are all the same but with different tabs and such welded to match the different model tanks and side covers, then if someone 'made up' say a C model using K model frame or the like I can easily imagine striking going on if the tank front mounts are in the wrong location. Ergo, mismatched frame for the claimed model. Or butcher work under tank.

here's what it looks like
The picture is 90 degrees off.

Attachments

• image1.JPG
    image1.JPG
    123.8 KB · Views: 128
Odd pic by the angle but not because of the 90 degree thing.

Almost looks like the frame head tab has been ground on as it looks like the sheet metal welded to the headlight bar is sticking out as far as the tab, normally it's shorter? Could just be a sloppy weld be though.

Anyway, that IS the limit that is supposed to stop tank contact, the square block on the lower triple there hits the tab. Up to you to figure out what is missing/wrong to allow that contact at tank. Both sides have that lug.

Forcing me to think now-the TOP frame head tab is for the ignition lock pin..............OW! that hurts!

I think I had the tank on too far up.
I'll check better when I get it on again.
I finally got the old tires off. they were totally rusted to the rim beads.

I got the wheel assembly cleaned up and new tire on today.
the sprocket/hub were caked with hard grease.
I cleaned the wheels with quick-Glo and painted the rust with Rustoleum Pro Stainless paint.
I also cleaned the fuel tank and applied Red-Kote so hopefully no more rust.
What size chain do we have?
Mine's the original endless and about as pliable as the 1.5" bar of titanuium I'm making a shift knob out of.
I think it's a 530, 108 links. I'll measure it when I grind it off.

Attachments

• tire.jpg
    tire.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:
Odd pic by the angle but not because of the 90 degree thing.

Almost looks like the frame head tab has been ground on as it looks like the sheet metal welded to the headlight bar is sticking out as far as the tab, normally it's shorter? Could just be a sloppy weld be though.

Anyway, that IS the limit that is supposed to stop tank contact, the square block on the lower triple there hits the tab. Up to you to figure out what is missing/wrong to allow that contact at tank. Both sides have that lug.

Forcing me to think now-the TOP frame head tab is for the ignition lock pin..............OW! that hurts!
I installed the tank correctly this time and now it doesn't hit.

Back