• Enter the May CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

New CB caretaker.. Thanks for the help!

SVguy

CB750 Member
Reaction score
So I am new to this forum but I already owe you all a huge thanks for the help with my build. I have been searching and lurking on a few CB boards trying to find answers to common issues to avoid mistakes or bad parts purchases and wow this site is great.
So the details: Bought a 79 Cb750F in running but very rough shape to restore (and annoy my wife)
2014-01-17 19.24.25.jpg
I tore it down and cleaned it up, repainted everything as I went and got all the parts I needed to make it whole. Fought through the comstars that did not want to seat my new BT45's, the carb boots and crusty fork springs.. all the usual stuff. So far I have been lucky and the electrical is good to go (lets see how it charges once its running daily) and the only stuff missing were rear signals, a few nuts and bolts, a battery and a few other things. I am going to give the pod filters a shot since there was no stock airbox when I bought it, wish me luck on that.
2014-02-03 21.24.36.jpg
got a breather rigged up and mounted (might relocate or add a catch can if this thing breathes dirty)
So now I am on to re-assembly and need some help.
I sourced all the hardware I was missing but I cannot find the self tapping screws that hold the rear cowl together. They are the smallest screws I have ever seen and none of the parts houses I have been to even come close. Before I just use whatever works, does anyone have a line on what screws these are and/or where to find them? (there was only one holding the whole thing together)
I will post up some more pics as I assemble but here are a few work in progress shots for now. Yes my shop labor help is a 2 year old, no he doesn't pay taxes.
2014-01-18 20.02.22.jpg2014-02-04 20.00.39.jpg2014-02-16 16.20.52.jpg

Check with Service Honda and use there online microfiche and see if they have the screws...they should.

They have the best prices and shipping department that I have found.

Some more pics.. Got the new sprockets and chain on, all the calipers rebuilt and new SS lines, front fender and tank painted and ready..just waiting for fuel lines and some misc bolts and I should be road testing this weekend.
2014-03-12 20.32.00.jpg2014-03-12 20.32.10.jpg2014-03-12 20.32.45.jpg

Back