• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

New braided brake line kit...

Qaxe

CB750 Addict
Reaction score
I bought a braided brake line kit for my K6, from 4-into-1, for about $60.

On the up side, these brake lines came in a kit, so I didn't have to waste time looking for the right pieces. On the down side, one of the ends is the wrong angle, but it bolts on.

My inner curmudgeon doesn't like the fact that It doesn
IMGA0306.JPG
't line up with the brake-line stay on the stock fender. An adapter connects the braided line with the all-metal tube down to the caliper. The part has a smooth section that is clearly meant for the rubber washer that attaches to my fender, but it rests an inch too far forward, so it doesn't line up with the fender's line stay. I wrote to 4-into-1 and they said "The brake line to brake pipe adapter is not intended to be mounted in any specific location. This is up the user on where, or if, they prefer to mount it." Which I would be okay with IF the product didn't say "For 1972-1976 CB750K". So...it is for my bike, should fit.

The entire kit from 4-into-1 cost about as much as just one of the hoses from another online store. So "it sorta fits" is about what you get for $60 these days.

EDIT: In hind-sight, I should have bought the type the goes right from the 3-way (switch relay area) to the caliper, and avoid having a solid metal tube or adapter at all.

Last edited:
Back