• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Needing advise on rebuild parts

LuckyPapa

CB750 Member
Reaction score
I'm at the point of my barn find rebuild where I need to purchase gasket kits for my carburetors and a complete engine rebuild kit. I'm trying to steer away from Amazon and Ebay garbage and I don't have much faith or experience in the limited offerings of the online motorcycle parts stores I'd like the opinion of someone who has done a rebuild or any knowledge of high quality rebuild kits and parts. What are the best brands?

I have been purchasing parts from https://www.vintagecb750.com/. I have gotta a bunch of carb rebuild kits and various carb components from them and they all seem to be pretty quality parts. I’m sure more experienced folks here have better insight on this but figured I’d add my two cents.

My latest experience with a gasket set for the DOHC. I bought a cheap set, the kind with the green gaskets. That green gasket material is way thinner than the OEM gaskets and has developed a bad reputation for not sealing. So what I did was buy a better gasket material at O'reilly's, for about $12, and cut my own gaskets using the green gaskets for patterns. I made my own clutch cover, oil pan, oil pump and all of the other engine cover gaskets. All that I really used from the gasket set was the Orings and exhaust gaskets. I oil soaked the cover gaskets before installing. I'm very happy with my cover gaskets and I have patterns to make gaskets for my other bikes, I don't consider that as lost money at all. I'm a happy guy.

Edit.....Some of the bolt holes needed a little more trimming and some of the holes for dowels were not even cut to size on the green gaskets. No problem

Last edited:
I'm trying to steer away from Amazon and Ebay garbage and I don't have much faith or experience in the limited offerings of the online motorcycle parts stores
You eliminated most of the places to buy parts. Some parts are still available from Honda. I usually get as many Honda parts as I can get first and then go looking to the aftermarket for the rest. Some times there are NOS genuine Honda parts on Ebay so I don't know why you would call that "Garbage".

You eliminated most of the places to buy parts. Some parts are still available from Honda. I usually get as many Honda parts as I can get first and then go looking to the aftermarket for the rest. Some times there are NOS genuine Honda parts on Ebay so I don't know why you would call that "Garbage".
Many times you can get the part number from an OEM website then search that part number on ebay for a much better deal, used or new. And then sometimes the prices are idiotic, both extremes on ebay.

I'm at the point of my barn find rebuild where I need to purchase gasket kits for my carburetors and a complete engine rebuild kit. I'm trying to steer away from Amazon and Ebay garbage and I don't have much faith or experience in the limited offerings of the online motorcycle parts stores I'd like the opinion of someone who has done a rebuild or any knowledge of high quality rebuild kits and parts. What are the best brands?
I use Randakks

Back