Wanted - NEED <<- YES NEED, 1973 Honda CB750 (K3) Motorcycle

adanis

CB750 New member
Reaction score
I'm really hoping someone out there can help me out. I'll try to keep this short...

About 38 years ago my dad bought his first bike. A 1973 CB750...He was just out of high school and took one of the earlier superbikes on his first cross country trip. Last week he came back from another 10 state run to attempt to complete his life long dream of riding his honda bike in every continental US state..(He currently rides a 97 Valkyrie 1500).

Anyway, he has one state left to hit (North Dakota) which he'll be completing next summer.

This guy sleeps, eats, and breathes Honda bikes. Absolutely refuses to ride anything else. I've never seen anything hold his interest as well/long as a picture or conversation about a Honda bike can. Anyway, my family is trying to surprise him and locate another 73 (literally in any condition) cb750 that we can give him to fix up for his final hoorah. For some reason, the thought of being able to provide him with this surprise and for him to be able to start AND complete this trip on the 73 750 is one that I cannot escape. I have to make it happen. HAVE TO.

I've been searching for a few months, but these things aren't posted very long, and a lot of them are hacked up or customized.

Does anyone have any thoughts/ideas/ads/friends/companies/junkyards/craigslist ads/ANYTHING that could possibly help us find one of these for him.

I realize this sounds like a typical story and you'll probably skim right over it, but if you're still reading at this point I appreciate it. I've attached a random picture of his current bike, with him in the background highlighting the route he just recently took. (He's the only person who can stare at one map and relive so many memories every single night of the week and never get bored)

And no, he has no idea I'm doing this.

Thanks a lot!

Attachments

• hond.jpg
    hond.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 93
Back