• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

need to know where to land each rectifier/regulator wire

kamanarnow

CB750 New member
Reaction score
Hello guys my name is kam i am not a trained mechanic except what I have learned all by myself through trial and error on my 1976 cb750f cafe project that I have poured a fuck ton of time, blood, sweat, tears , and probably various other fluids I don't really want to get into right now, for over the past 2 and a half years. This bike has not been able to charge since I first bought it. This has been an amazing learning experience and a complete nightmare at the same time. I'm ready for this thing to work so I can finally ride it. Does anyone know where to land each wire coming from the engine wire to wire to the rectifier regulator than land whires from the rectifier regulator into the electrical system. Keep in mind this bike has no factory harness so I can't just connect one clip to another I need to know where specificsly do they connect to. The rectifier regulator has 1 green 1 white 3 yellows 1 red and one black i believe. Please guys I need your help I've tried to do this all on my own after buying a couple of different rectifyer regulators and having the magneto checked out as well as the stator i do believe that it is my wiring that is the problem. Thanks ahead of time for any help.

I would see if I could locate a wiring schematic for 1976 cb750. I rewired a guys bike last fall 78 cb750 and just looked up what I needed to on the schematic.

Green on regulator, alt stator, field coil, and anything else is ground. Black is battery power after the ignition switch, goes to regulator. White is the field current, it goes from regulator to the field coil that sits in the center of the alt rotor. The field coil also has a green ground. Red/white trace is the rectifier output to the battery positive post. The three yellows run from the rectifier to attach to the stator coils in any order.

Last edited:
Back