• Enter the May CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

need help !

fatoldo

CB750 Member
Reaction score
1978 cb750 four k carbs.
hello all, I have rebuilt my carbs on my 78 cb750. the bike is back together and it runs. At first it had no power. then I adjusted the 4 carb screws till it seemed to have power. Rode it up and down the block a few times and all seemed fine. today, 2 months later i started the bike up. It started very easy. but after warming it up it didnt have enough power to get me up my drive way. Also one other thing. Before I started it i turned on the fuel valve. after a minute of it just sitting there gas started coming out of a hose. not sure what hose but it wasnt one of the bowl hoses.
History of the bike. I just got it last summer. it was running but again seemed to have no power which is why i took off the carbs. The bike sat since 2005 outside , uncovered till i bought it this past summer. its got 8k miles on it. it looks like hell but its all there and just needs TLC to make it nice again. I have rebuilt a carb or two on cars but never a bike. this was my first. I took them down to nothing and replaced all parts that came in the kits. As it is now, the set screws are turned out about 4 to 5 turns. It seemed to run the best this way 2 months ago. I thought it was a bit much (the4 or 5 turns out) but it seemed to like it. The original way i found the bike it was 3 turns out on the screws.

any ideas?

Why is this post posted 3 times under different headings?? No need to clutter up the board, answers will be given in due time.

have you synced the carbs correctly? any other mods? pod filters, exhaust etc, if so have you jetted for these mods? checked your carb boot clamps are tight, good fuel flow and floats are not sticking?

Back