• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

77 cb750 dash flash instead of blinker

desmond_402

CB750 New member
Reaction score
I'm working on a 77 cb750 I pit in all new lights after the owner took off the stock ones and I got the lights to blink but only with the signal switch pushed half way left or right if I push the signal switch the full way the dash and running lights flash and not the turn signals. Can't figure out what's wrong and the flasher relay seems to be good

I don't have a '77, but it sounds like you need to open and clean the turn signal switch. Also make sure your wires aren't touching where they shouldn't.

I'm going to assume we're talking about stock light bulbs, and not LEDs.

I'm a firm believer in examining all the wires and contacts in a circuit. Being thorough isn't a waste of time.
- It would be utterly usual for contacts on a bike this old to be so sloppy. Loose female contacts can get sloppy, and the wires get disconnected while simply closing up the headlight bucket.
- Could be a small cut in any of those wires, especially under the seat.
- The rear winker wires go through the fender and meet up under the seat. Are any of them damaged?
- Corroded or dirty contacts at any of the wire ends need to be cleaned with a bit of Scotchbrite, etc.
- BrettP mentioned the switch. Could be a coccoon up in there. (That's not a joke)
- Corroded bulb sockets?
- 77' rear winker ground wires are soldered to the steel posts which hold the winkers on. Is the solder in tact?
- Correct bulbs for the correct signal? 77' has front running lights along with the signal, so double filament.

Last edited:
Back