• Enter the May CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

My $500 project 82 CB750SC

booblinker

CB750 New member
Reaction score
82 CB750SC. Runs well, under 7k miles. Plans
-New tires
-Redo seat I just bought
-redo front calipers, check rear drum and see how they look
-find some covers
-clean and polish every part I can
-fork seals
-Muriatic acid gas tank to fix light rust.
-and whatever else I run into you
IMAG0238_zpsy021qc3q.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome... Restoring an 81 myself and have not been a member here very long either... Nice looking Nighthawk and it looks like it'll fix up nicely...

Seat is here, clutch cable, brake caliper seals, gas cap, clutch cable adjuster are all on the way. Realizing this project may become "custom", side covers are missing and rear plastic is pretty screwed, just need to find a non running parts bike.

Thought I was gonna be able to finally ride it tomorrow, rip around some back roads. Can't get the front brakes to bleed, pulled the master apart and the seal is swelled, rebuild kit is on the way. Guess my test ride will be riding some dirt roads and staying under 50 mph.

Check google images first, those don't look like 82 nighthawk styles, more like 81 or earlier customs like I have on my bike... The shape, the pinstripe lines, and the badges are just what is on my 81

Side covers are like seats.....model specific. Take your time, I have found most of my 83-750sc parts all over the net. It may be different than you as this is a very long term project for grand son, HotRod. So time is on my side. Your bike looks pretty good in the pic, is your cowl solid with all tabs. If so, your ahead of the game, I've been looking for a solid cowl for over a year now. It's hard to find one with good mounting tabs.....not really hard just take your time. :bike:

Back