Low charge voltage

I'm not sure what's wrong with the link but if you search for "Tekpower YX360TreB" on the Amazon site it will pop up. It's a lot of meter for 15 bucks...

Tony

Harbor Freight often gives a digital one away when you buy literally ANYTHING, I've got 2-3 of them.

I have both analog and digital meters, each one has advantages on certain things. You can't see a swing with digital and analog will not split hairs on volts like you sometimes need with digital. Analog are great for checking mag impulse proximity sensors as well, a digital hasn't a prayer doing that. Like battery volts, often the difference in your problem can be one volt and hard to see that on a needle device. The difference in charging or not is MUCH easier to pick out on digital.

I bought and threw away 2 of the harbor freight ones. They're junk. Once you've learnt how to use an analog meter, you won't go back to a digital meter.

Don't buy 'em. Get 'em free. Spend say $2 on better terminals for the leads and all problems disappear. I've got one that is reliable as heck after I modded it. I've also got a $200 digital that does things no analog ever could do. Try seeing the difference between 13.8 volts (one broken diode lead) and 14.0 volts (all 8 working perfectly) on analog that does not have a huge screen nor DC range under 10 volt, it's too unreliable. The partial volt there can kill you on alt repair and shows definitively on digital with zero questions. It's easier to sort out alt ripple and a/c Hz (setting generator RPM) as well with digital as the numbers are so small when you get close.

Both types have their good points and why I keep both around. I also keep an old car points dwellmeter around as you can use them to read car MAP sensor frequency outputs too.

Been a while since i have posted. Thanks to Charlie Hawkins, the rotor came back from Custom Rewind in Birmingham Alabama and now Ive got 14 volts at the battery at 5,000 RPMs. So alls good now. I cant thank him, and everyone else thats addd to help me, enough. So now I got just one ever so slight issue thats probably best in the engine forums??? Or maybe the carburation forums???

Sent it out Saturday morning and I had the rewound one back Friday after work. $125.00 with a 1 year warranty so yes i would say they are GREAT to do business with.

Back