• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Let's see your CB750

Mine is nearly done, too. Lowered front and back, seat pan shortened, new gold (correct) emblems, drag bar, and lowered gage pack. New coat of clear on the tank and covers. Seat needs redone and hex engine bolt kit on the way. Had it out one day and three people walked over to ask questions. Old Hondas get a lot of attention.

These look so much better lowered. Nice build.

That bike just screams Badass! Very nice..

That 82 is such a beautiful build, totally custom. I like those barebones bikes. What are those tires?
I've seen that carb setup on CycleX and on other bikes but didn't know if users
thought they were worth the price. I saw a 1 into 4 manifold on Ebay, much easier to dial in I guess.
Thanks for your comment on my bike, have a good one.

Thanks Daren. You have a good looking build, too. Is that a red stainless line going to the rear brake? Where did you get it?

Thank you motogtp. Yes red stainless lines. I got lucky and found a hardly used set on Ebay cheap.
They were not made for my bike but one of the set fit my rear brake, so I had to match the front in red too.
I got the fronts from www.apexbrakes.com, they are reasonable and can custom make anything you want in many colors.

I've seen a couple people talk about the "usual upgrades". What do these upgrades consist of? I'm trying to remain stock as much as possible but I have put the PAMCO ignition on and my grandfather put a 4 to 2 exhaust on it before I acquired it. I'm also aware that I need to replace my swing arm bushing but haven't the time/money. It's hard to do lots of work on my summer daily driver while in college and working.

View attachment 3885 View attachment 3886
View attachment 3887 View attachment 3888

Finally time to share the finished product with the community, hope you like it.
It fired up, carbs synced, timing set, but has not been ridden yet.
Need proof of insurance and registration, can't risk a ticket.
Stupid me I didn't realize the center stand pin can't be removed unless the
muffler is removed too. I need to cut 2" off the center stand before I can use it,
or leave it off altogether.
The crappy rubber gators I bought only lasted 6 months and now are cracking and splitting,
so I will have to tear the front end off again soon just for that.
So, still some fine tuning and fiddling to do. Thanks for looking.
Daren

Daren - what bars are you running? Are they bolted to the fork legs above the triple tree?

Daren - what bars are you running? Are they bolted to the fork legs above the triple tree?

motogtp,
yes, needing to lower the bike a little I passed the fork tubes through the triple tree by 2" and also got 11" shocks for the rear. Once you pass the forks through the triple tree you can't use the handlebar mounts and clubmans would not work, so I ended up getting some clip-ons. Since I installed headlight ears from a K series which cover the fork tubes there was no way to hook up the clip-ons below the triple tree. Worked out OK because I don't have rearsets and mounting above the triple tree allows me a more comfortable riding position, I'm not leaning over the tank as much. The trouble I ran into was finding some clip-ons which fit down into the recess around the fork tube on top of the triple tree. I can post some images if you want, let me know. Have a good one.

I've seen a couple people talk about the "usual upgrades". What do these upgrades consist of? I'm trying to remain stock as much as possible but I have put the PAMCO ignition on and my grandfather put a 4 to 2 exhaust on it before I acquired it. I'm also aware that I need to replace my swing arm bushing but haven't the time/money. It's hard to do lots of work on my summer daily driver while in college and working.

You may want to look into conical bearings for the headset, upgraded regulator/rectifier, oil pressure gauge (although not stock), upgraded fuse box, just a few things off the top of my ignorant head. Good luck, post images.

motogtp,
yes, needing to lower the bike a little I passed the fork tubes through the triple tree by 2" and also got 11" shocks for the rear. Once you pass the forks through the triple tree you can't use the handlebar mounts and clubmans would not work, so I ended up getting some clip-ons. Since I installed headlight ears from a K series which cover the fork tubes there was no way to hook up the clip-ons below the triple tree. Worked out OK because I don't have rearsets and mounting above the triple tree allows me a more comfortable riding position, I'm not leaning over the tank as much. The trouble I ran into was finding some clip-ons which fit down into the recess around the fork tube on top of the triple tree. I can post some images if you want, let me know. Have a good one.

Yeah, I would like to see some pics. Where did you get them?

Yeah, I would like to see some pics. Where did you get them?

Search this eBay item number: 190714880810. The triple tree has a recess and flat spot where the fork tube protrudes. The clip-ons with the mounting hardware on the very end of the clamp don't fit into the recess. I don't have the tools to grind down the triple tree and make it look good so this was one option. These clip-ons fit snugly into the flat spot. The listing says "fixed" and I'm assuming they are referring to the angle because the length of the bar is adjustable. One thing I did encounter though is the master cylinder spout where it connects to the brake line has trouble clearing the clip-on clamp depending on the placement and angle. Hope this is what you needed, happy to help.

clip on 1.JPG clip on 2.jpg clip on 3.jpg clip on 4.JPG

Hey guys, I'm new to this site.
I'm looking to build a cafe racer from this 1978 CB750F SS
I hate these comstar wheels and I will try to modify the rear wheel into a wired wheel.
DSC_0010.jpg

Search this eBay item number: 190714880810. The triple tree has a recess and flat spot where the fork tube protrudes. The clip-ons with the mounting hardware on the very end of the clamp don't fit into the recess. I don't have the tools to grind down the triple tree and make it look good so this was one option. These clip-ons fit snugly into the flat spot. The listing says "fixed" and I'm assuming they are referring to the angle because the length of the bar is adjustable. One thing I did encounter though is the master cylinder spout where it connects to the brake line has trouble clearing the clip-on clamp depending on the placement and angle. Hope this is what you needed, happy to help.

View attachment 3896 View attachment 3897 View attachment 3898 View attachment 3899

Daren - thanks for the pics. That is a great solution to cleaning up the "dropped front" fork tube look.

cb750.jpg

Hi all! I'm new here, and new to riding, just bought myself a '73 750, looking forward to having it out on the road in the next few days!

kara

CAM00026.jpgCAM00027.jpgCAM00028.jpg ok hear are some pictures of my bike it is an 1982 Honda 750 nighthawk (cb750 sc) which was made in 82 and 83 only from what I have found when I got the bike it had a windjammer on the front I took it off, with the slim line body the windjammer just did not look right on the bike. I just cobbled the front together to make it legal for the road till I can get something better I payed $350 for the bike but it barely made it home wide open in 3 gear doing 40 PO said it ran find till it fell off the trailer I had to fix the front brakes new battery one of the cam caps is damaged and leaking oil , with all this being the minor issues getting the engine running right is what I am working on took the carbs off found that boot 4 was on 1 boot 3 was on 2 boot 2 was on 3 and boot 1 was on 4 put them in the right order then opened the cards and sprayed the carbs clean fought with carbs to put them back in and now the bike runs at 3500 to 4000 rmp and no way to slow it down to idol took it down the road and back runs out fine just has the high idol going to take the carbs off again and clean them out again reset everything and hopping things go good for me

Back