intro but no bike... yet.

Wrong? What's wrong?

The process seems a little more complicated in WI. I think it depends on the age of the bike here. A friend did it once with just 4 pictures and a bill of sale. I tried with a newer bike (24 years old at the time) and needed a surety bond for 1.5 times the value of the bike along with a bunch of other stuff.

On Yama don: I only met him that one time when I bought that parts bike, I did a lowball bid on eBay and won. It was Grawn, I couln't remember the name of the town, only that it was south of Traverse City. Real nice guy, he let me loook through his collection. I tried to get another bike, but he wouldn't budge on what I was willing to offer. He's really an xs11 guy, he has a couple real nice ones in his shop. He also had a cherry 70 xs650.

As for getting a title in Michigan. It used to be a lot easier a couple of years back. The SOS just needed a bill of sale and they did a stolen title search. Like cyclebuster says, it's just a lot of running around and paperwork. It can be done.

Deadchef: I found you on xs650.com, I’m there too under the same username. Good luck with your xs650 build.

On Yama don: I only met him that one time when I bought that parts bike, I did a lowball bid on eBay and won. It was Grawn, I couln't remember the name of the town, only that it was south of Traverse City. Real nice guy, he let me loook through his collection. I tried to get another bike, but he wouldn't budge on what I was willing to offer. He's really an xs11 guy, he has a couple real nice ones in his shop. He also had a cherry 70 xs650.

As for getting a title in Michigan. It used to be a lot easier a couple of years back. The SOS just needed a bill of sale and they did a stolen title search. Like cyclebuster says, it's just a lot of running around and paperwork. It can be done.

Deadchef: I found you on xs650.com, I’m there too under the same username. Good luck with your xs650 build.

i really need to update my build thread. i'm sending out my crank & cam to HHB this week. gotta love tax returns!

Back