• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

In search of.....

AcMedic

CB750 Member
Reaction score
I'm in search of a parts manual for my 79 750F. Yes, I know there are online manuals, but I want a paper one I can grab up at anytime. Also looking for CLEAN stock exhaust (that I can afford) for same bike. 750F or 900F pipes and mufflers will work.

The problem with an old paper one is it won't show you deprecated or changed parts numbers, many of which have been changed since your bike was produced. You'll end up chasing down rabbit holes of dead part numbers through Google anyways.

My suggestion, though it's modern technology, is to buy a used iPad or other tablet on the cheap and get one of those tough rubbery cases for it. Dedicate it to garage use so it can get dirty. Use it while you're working to browse Partzilla or Babbitt's or any of the other online warehouses that show the whole parts diagrams. Being able to see multiple newer part numbers, and click through to see what parts also fit other motorcycles, is indispensable to me when I'm searching.
That often has made the difference between me finding parts on Ebay and not finding them -- because everyone will search for and buy labeled CB750 parts, but not as many people will go after the same part from a CX500.

Just was looking at Honda Parts Nation online. Tons of stuff, but alas..... nothing for the exhaust. They're like hens teeth. But one part I would really love to have is the throttle friction screw that goes under the Right switch pod. Any idea the size of the screw, I can make my own friction disc to put inside the housing.

Your best bet for a clean stock exhaust is your local classifieds -- Craigslist, Facebook Marketplace, that sort of thing. You could also check the classifieds on this forum.
Last resort: Ebay. But you'll pay a premium there for stock exhausts in good condition. If you're going to pay that much, you should instead upgrade to a properly good aftermarket exhaust which will drop 20 pounds off your bike and sound great. I've got a MAC 4-into-1 on my bike and it's great.

Your best bet for a clean stock exhaust is your local classifieds -- Craigslist, Facebook Marketplace, that sort of thing. You could also check the classifieds on this forum.
Last resort: Ebay. But you'll pay a premium there for stock exhausts in good condition. If you're going to pay that much, you should instead upgrade to a properly good aftermarket exhaust which will drop 20 pounds off your bike and sound great. I've got a MAC 4-into-1 on my bike and it's great.
I have a MAC 4 into 2 in black on the bike right now. Was just looking to see if stock was available, and not break the bank.

Dude, that's a great exhaust. Going back to a stock one that's cosmetically good would definitely break the bank, and would add weight!
The weight doesn't really matter to me, I'm not "Ricky Roadracer" anymore! But yea, finding the needle in the haystack stock setup would be pretty pricy. I'll just stick with what I have, it runs just fine the way it is.

Back