Honda 750

Clint

CB750 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone know the difference between a750k and a750f motor? The only difference i have found is the sprocket.

Just a standard f or f2 engine. The f motors had different pistons and different gearing. The f2 motor uses a different head, pistons, camshaft, different rod bolts and several other changes. The carbs are different from the earlier k motors. What years of motors are you trying to compair?

A 76 750f and a 77 750k.I'm using the k engine now but I'm kinda wondering if the f engine is that much better that i should start rebuilding it to use it instead.

I would go with the k motor. The standard F is not really an improvement. The K can be made to run just as well and have much more aftermarket support.

Ok thanks.that's pretty much what i wanted to know.i did notice the head is a little bigger on the k engine.i guess that's a plus i would think.

Tons of aftermarket support for the sohc not as much for the dohc but there is more all the time. There are far better parts now days then there used to be and it is more modern technology for the older motors. Cycle X, APE, Dynoman all offer good motor parts. Basically you can build your motor anyway you want it as long as you have the $$$$.

You can do anything to these motors. Big bore kits, really big bore kits, camshafts, cylinder porting, bigger carbs....you name it its available. It all depends on what you are looking for as far as performance. There are upgrade ignition system, charging systems, exhaust kits, suspension, etc. Look around Cycle X website and you will get a very good idea what is available and what can be done with these bikes and motors. Tell us what you are looking at doing to you bike and will give you suggestions and opinions and experience with them.

Back