• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Hey guys!

Rock

CB750 Member
Reaction score
What's up everyone! Just bought my first CB750 yesterday! It is a 1980 CB750k and my plans are to cafe/brat it a little as the seat and high handlebars bother me. I have been riding for almost 7 years and in sunny South Florida where the traffic is terrible that is a long time (haha). Three years of that was daily commuting and I have always done my own maintenance. My first bike was a Suzuki Savage which I turned into a bobber, the next was a Ninja 500 which I cut some things off of and my current bike alongside the CB is a 2003 Suzuki SV1000 which came as a naked/streetfighter. When I got her she was an ex-track bike that had been stunted on the weekends so a little love was needed.

I have always wanted a cafe/brat project and I feel you really can't beat a CB750. I was not opposed to a Cb550 but man could I not find one. So here she is, 1980 CB750k.

I have already removed the huge fairing which was the headlight so that is an issue, the brakes are a little shot, the carbs leaked a little yesterday which I will look into, she has 28k on her and looks like she needs a good cleaning.

I plan to get a headlight (obviously), do something about the seat, tail light, fenders, paint and a few other things.

I have never had a bike this old and i am very excited to build her. Let me know what you guys think!

Rocco

cb1.jpg

Thanks! I'm looking for a headlight that will work and see why my carbs are leaking, i posted about them!

Back