• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Having trouble with tires on my 81’ CB750C

bigiron59

CB750 Member
Reaction score
So I recently bought an 81’ custom I plan to build and have a pair of Shinko 240s that I want to mount. They’re both the correct size for the rims, but the front tire says it is tubeless. There is a hole for the valve stem, but I’m wondering if I can run a tube in the tubeless tire. I made the switch from cars to bikes recently so I’m fairly new to the platform in general. (Running a 100/90-19 tire if you know what tube I should get)

Your '81 CB750C uses tubeless tires front and back. Both wheels use valve stems that are readily available everywhere, even Walmart. TR413, .453" Rim Hole, 1.25" long. You can also use a tube if you want but it is not necessary and just adds weight where extra weight is generally not wanted.

Your '81 CB750C uses tubeless tires front and back. Both wheels use valve stems that are readily available everywhere, even Walmart. TR413, .453" Rim Hole, 1.25" long. You can also use a tube if you want but it is not necessary and just adds weight where extra weight is generally not wanted.
Okay. The guy before me must’ve got the wrong tires. I’m sitting here with a tubeless front and a tube-type rear. I think if I went tubeless in the rear I’d have to run rimlocks with this set. I’ll probably just run tubes until these wear down enough to justify new tires. Might get some Bridgestones or Avons next.

How old are the tires? There's a DOT date circle on the side of the tires. If that date is more than 5 years old...........danger. danger can happen, usually from splits on the sidewalls. Shinko is a good choice. Rim locks........not used on street bikes.

Edit Read your post again. Use tubes with tube tires. Use tube or no tube with tubeless tires.

Back