Eager to learn

edmonds27

CB750 New member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I just bought my first motorcycle! When I started looking for one, I wanted something that had heritage. When I first saw the CB750, it was love at first sight. I loved the styling and its unique engineering. What I have for you guys is a 1976 CB750 that currently runs and drives with 25,000 miles. What am wanting to do with it is restore it with a little modifications. What are some thing I need to check or should look for? How does one go about lowering the bike 2-3 inches? Thanks for all the help and eager to start my project!

Welcome... got a very classic bike. Ride it for a while before you modify anything. See what you have, get to know it, then decide later...

To lower the back you buy shorter shocks. To lower the front you can just loosen the triple clamps and slide the fork tubes up. If you do not lower both ends the same it will change the steering head angle and the way the bike turns. If your not sure, err to the back. (lower back more then front) The bike will handle differently either way.

I got to agree with Flogger though, ride it for a bit first. I've got short legs and can't have both feet flat on the ground at the same time even with a chopped seat but I don't want to lower my bike because of the changes in handling.

Back