duh, rubber freezplug looking things on head?

fourk

CB750 Enthusiast
Reaction score
be4 i put my new towers on i need to know what the rubber plugs are on the top of the head on my 77 750 & if i can fix one that has a crack in it or buy a new one thanks.:banghead:

CB750supply.... (cylinder head nut covers)...we refer to them as nickles tho cause thats about how big they are. New ones should have come in gasket kit. Definitely replace them if dried out/ cracked or you will have leaks. I use a little tad of 3 bond to seal them (same page of link below).

http://www.cb750supply.com/products/4/engine

You will have a leak if you dont replace them. I never reuse them with how cheap they are. Cycle X also has them.

I just listed the ones at CB750supply.com because they seem to be sponsoring this forum with monthly giveaways etc. They are only $1.76 ea.

And I agree dirtdigger, I always use new ones no matter what...not worth the trouble to tear back down just to save a nickle (pun intended)....but I do know some cheap bastards that will reuse them if they look okay.

BTW, I'll throw them another plug. They are the only place I've found that have the chrome spin on oil filters...no adapter needed. Not as cheap as just using replacement filters for the original housing...but sure look a lot slicker.

Yup they do help out here, either of the two places have good quality rubber nickles.:thumbsup:

Back