• Enter the May CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

cb750 K7 volatage regulator

Yannisan

CB750 New member
Reaction score
I'm searching for a regulator for my 77 cb750k. They all usually start with TL1Z-38 12v and the one I currently have on the bike ends in 607.
I found different ones but they all end in different numbers; some of them it says that they are compatible with my model but how can I be sure?

Thank you

Color code of wires being correct and same exact fitment and appearance help.

The alts really likely did not change much so you may be home free. Not like a car with a different brand alt every year. Just DON'T get anything '79 or later.

I have no idea on those but if you have a choice in purely electronic with no ability to set breaker points in it that would be better. The point type are more susceptible to messing up, at least in my opinion.

The alt itself never changed in the sohc series. I believe all the stock regulators will interchange but cant tell you for 100%

Color code of wires being correct and same exact fitment and appearance help.

The alts really likely did not change much so you may be home free. Not like a car with a different brand alt every year. Just DON'T get anything '79 or later.

I have no idea on those but if you have a choice in purely electronic with no ability to set breaker points in it that would be better. The point type are more susceptible to messing up, at least in my opinion.

Thank you so much :)

Back