• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Carburetors. Re jetting.

cap671

CB750 New member
Reaction score
Hi guys. My worst nightmare, picked up my 1995 cb750, ran like new perfect 9k miles. Throttle return cable snapped. So I took the carbs off and moved to oneside.. new cables and carbs back on. Runs dreadful.
So after a double sonic clean and a full strip clean it's 95% there, just not sweet. Mr fixer said it needs a new set of mixture screws to get back to as it was. ???. It was only a throttle cable.. anyone had this trouble. Also where can I get a full set of mixture screws. ???.
Many thanks. 👍👍👍

Mixture screws really only impact the fuel/air at idle. What exactly is the problem you are getting to solve?

Mixture screws really only impact the fuel/air at idle. What exactly is the problem you are getting to solve?
I took the bike to a retired Honda mechanic. I was running bad. Stank of fuel and cut out at junctions.. prior to the new cables fitted it purred. It was perfect. So it's better but not purring. The mechanic said it needs a new set of mixture screws to get it back to perfection. This was all over just a new cable fitted. ??.

Seems odd. Doesn't make sense to me.
I wish I could find a guru with these. Someone who knows what they’re doing. I can hear and tell it’s not 100% back as it was. And still not sure what knocked it off just by changing the cables. It really sounded like a new bike when I bought it. It was in Basingstoke so a long way from me. In York. Any ideas. ?

All the cable does is open the butterflies on the carb. Let's do it this way: are you running stock airbox, stock air filter, stock exhaust, stock jetting?

What fuel are you running?? Ive a S++**I B***DIT 99 600, that had similar issues, was running on E10 occasionally and had the cutting out, ran it on two tanks of E5 and its now not cutting out on idle.

Back