• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Carburetor parts help.

KaiC

CB750 Member
Reaction score
I have a few questions: Info, Carburetors are from a 1982 Honda CB750C (I think)

1. I want to do a complete rebuild on my carburetors, but after disassembly and further inspection im not to sure if these are the original carburetors from this bike. Ive looked at a number for different rebuild kits, and to me they almost look all the same except that some come with more parts. The number on the side of the carburetor is 42DDTK. Ive red that most of the CB750 DOHC carburetors are the same regardless of model, C, K or F. Is this true, because some of the rebuild kits for the CB750F seem to come with much more parts which I would prefer. I was able to remove absolutely everything from the carburetors (including slow speed jets) without damage. So I essentially just need gaskets and o-rings. But would anyone be able to give me an idea if I am looking at the right kits, or do you have a suggestion for something better?

2. I want to replace the assembly screws on the carburetor. I found the kits for them but I would like to find the kits that include the allen head or bolt type screws instead of the philips head machine screws. Dose anyone know where i can order them?

Hardware store where I get my allen head screws, you can't use hex head type because the corners of head require a wrench big enough that it tears up whatever part you are working on.

ALL DOHC carbs that are OEM will have the carb number casted on left side right above the bowl and it begins with the letters 'VB' as in VB53A or VB42A, etc. If truly VB carbs then the removeable slow speed jet confirms them as '82 or later, the earlier ones had pressed slow jets and not really removeable.

Some kits may have main jets that vary by a couple of numbers to fit the different exhaust systems on the bikes, the only difference in say all the 750s.

http://www.cb750.com/threads/3586-Which-carb-kit

If you can get a pic posted then simple to determine if the carbs are OEM.

Last edited:
IMG_0206.jpg

It defiantly sais VB, im just not to sure of the rest of the numbers.

VB42D.....................42s have 68 primary and depending on year 98, 100, or 102 secondary and 35 on the slow jet.

Back