Cafe Racer Build from stock 1978 Honda CB 750F

Jason0916

CB750 New member
Reaction score
So, I am completely new to the world of motorcycle building. I've been riding for years, but I don't typically do any kind of overhauls. However, the deal of a lifetime came upon me the other day and I picked up a 1978 Honda CB750F and I decided to buy it and attempt a café racer build. I purchased a 2001 GSXR front end w/rear swing arm. The front end is in and I need to get the new stem (I was hoping someone out there would have some idea on how to fabricate one of these with a metal lathe or if I should save myself the time and buy a new one.) Also, I would like to pull all of the original wiring and do a custom wiring setup. I have the skills to do so, but all advice is welcome. Other than that...I need to get some good tires and a seat...I think that's pretty much it. The Bike was in immaculate shape when I got it so there isn't much mechanical work that needs to be done that I am aware of...if you've done one or have advice I would greatly appreciate it. I'll post pics later on.

Search on here for a fabrication shop that will set that front end up for you. They will take it and make a custom fit stem that works perfect. I believe they include new bearings and everything else you need too. Unless you are a master fabber, I would leave that part to the pros, after all you don't wanna have your forks fall of while doing 60...
Nice pick up on the k series. I am using your gas tank on my 92 nighthawk, its gonna look nice. I will update if I have time to find the name of that shop.

The names might be cognitomoto or classifiedmoto. Check them out.

Back