• Enter the May CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Acorns

JMott

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Greetings,

Much appreciation for the wealth of knowledge on this board. I've tried a few searches for this and didn't come up with anything so here goes. Apologies if it has been addressed earlier.

Does anyone make a kit or know a supplier to replace all the exterior Phillips bolts on the engine/trans/etc... With chrome acorn style or even Allen as a last resort? Seems like someone would've had to think of this already.

It's a '78 CB750A.

Thanks much and have a great week everyone.

-Josh

Nope haven't found a set for the automatic but I found this company http://www.midwestacornnut.com/index.html who I corresponded with via email and they're willing to make a CB750 kit, and can make a custom kit for the CB750A! Seems reasonable too. What's the consensus on this... The era of these bikes makes acorn bolts more appropriate than Allen head doesn't it? Seems like Allens would be more suited for a crotch rocket. Thoughts??

Well that's good news. And acorn bolts? I only see acorn nuts. I think many of the bolts on the engine will need to be stay as allen bolts because of clearance issues around the head of the fastener.

I have gotten several sets off of ebay and have had good luck with the quality of the allen head bolts I got. Cant remember which place I ordered them from...I will have to see if I can find the place. I like the allen head bolts because they seem to last longer before the heads strip like they do on the philips heads. I like the looks of the allens too so thats what I use.

Well cool, maybe allens wouldn't look as weird as I thought. I was lucky I think I that all the Phillips have come out cleanly. Many without an impact driver even. I saw some acorns with spacers to overcome the clearance issue, but that might look really gay. Decisions decisions!

Back