82 cb750f wont run with filter installed???

bad92bird

CB750 Member
Reaction score
So after finally getting all the wiring issues sorted out on my recently purchased box bike iv got an issue that I cant finger out.It had pod filters on, I pulled them off and bought a used airbox, after getting it all together I was having problems getting it running, before I pulled the pods and went with the factory box I got it to where it would atleast start and run. It was bogging and backfiring with the pods which I figured was due to previous owner not re-jetting.While I was waiting for the airbox I pulled the carbs for cleaning and found that the jets were 68 and 100.With carbs cleaned and bench synced I installed airbox and carbs only to have the bike not want to start. After half a day of tweeking and fighting it I pulled the air filter out just for shits and first crank it fired, but will not run with filter in? Any advice

Those jets are most likely larger for the pods, the air box and filter restrict air flow causing an over rich system with those jets. Pull your plugs if they are wet with fuel its flooding the engine.

Everything iv been able to find for stock jet size is saying 68(which is what I have) and either 100 or 102 (100 on mine). Thats why im kind of puzzled. If the jets are stock size and running a stock airbox with new filter, y is it starving for air? Im thinking of putting the pods back on to see if it makes a diffrence.

Back