• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

82 750C Gauge Lights

ethanf

CB750 Member
Reaction score
When I bought my 82 750C it never had lights to light up the dials on the speedometer and tachometer. The three lights in the center for high beams, neutral, and oil pressure all light up. My question is are there supposed to be lights on the speedo and tach? When I drive at night I have no idea how fast I'm going.

According to the shop manual for the 750K there are lights on the speedo and tach. I'll check the fuses and report back.

All the fuses near the ignition checked out okay. The labeling did not indicate any of the fuses being for the speedo and tach lights. Anyone else have any ideas?

Can,t tell You much about an 82 I have a 72 on that bike most of the electrical connections are in the head light bucket after removing the headlight could be a problem in there with grounds or connectors, Good luck sorry not much help.

Yes there are 2 bulbs in each gauge. The sockets and common wiring for them is part of the main lighting harness that also lights up the middle, it branches off into 3 directions, the middle (neutral, etc.) and off to each gauge on the outsides.
The fuse system is not defined fine enough to have bulb fuse for just the instruments only, rather a higher up one, each fuse covers a lot of things. The front running lights, tail light and meter (gauges) are all on the same fuse thinking.

Back