• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

350 pistons in a 750 sohc

bliss

CB750 New member
Reaction score
I have a dilema, for my cb750 sohc I have a 64mm cylinder ready to go. I can put wiseco pistons and rings in it at a premium price or what I have on the shelf a set of cb350 twin pistons. I have heard this has been done but if using stock cam do I have to modify the piston tops? if you know of a link with more information on this please let me know.
this would be 811 kit.

When the big bore kits first came out they used cb350 pistons but they did need modifying. The Wiseco kits are 65mm which is a 836cc, this is the best option as the pistons are far superior to the 350 pistons. The 350 do need modifying as the dome is to tall and doesn't have correct valve reliefs.

Rings

When the big bore kits first came out they used cb350 pistons but they did need modifying. The Wiseco kits are 65mm which is a 836cc, this is the best option as the pistons are far superior to the 350 pistons. The 350 do need modifying as the dome is to tall and doesn't have correct valve reliefs.

Thanks for the info. I was able to find the rare 64mm rings from orient express. they mic'ed out good and ring end gap is good. after the head work is done i'll reassemble.:D

Back