• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

1981 CB750 Custom exhaust to 1980 CB750?

Go to partzilla, enter your bike info, go to the exhaust. If the part number of your bike matches the part number of the other year, you're good to go.

I put a MAC 1-1609 exhaust on my '82 SuperSport. That part number is for a Custom/K model. The aluminum plate in back on the F bike put the hole in a slightly different place, but it wasn't hard to make a bracket to make it fit.

I put a MAC 1-1609 exhaust on my '82 SuperSport. That part number is for a Custom/K model. The aluminum plate in back on the F bike put the hole in a slightly different place, but it wasn't hard to make a bracket to make it fit.
Did you have to rejet?

I didn't rejet. Not sure if it would run any better or not. I really don't know about that. It idles well, pulls strongly, and revs to redline, so I'm content.

Rejetting for a replacement exhaust, no matter what kind, usually isn't necessary if the intake side is still stock. The exhaust can't flow any more air than what the airbox takes in from the other side.
THIS is exactly the kind of conversation I need to have with somebody over a couple beers. I need to start a new thread. Didn't mean to hijack.

Back