• Enter the May CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Piston and Rod Holder Tool Schematics?

breakbeatz69

Banned
Reaction score
I've got my engine torn down to the lower end with the piston cylinders off the pistons. I'm going to be putting the pistons back into the cylinders soon and was wondering if anyone had the right schematics to build piston holders out of blocks of wood. I know I've seen these U shaped blocks somewhere and was just wondering if anyone has the plans to make them for when you first slide the number 2 and 3 pistons back into the cylinders when they're at TDC. Essentially the tool just holds the piston and rod straight to make the process easier. Any help would be much appreciated.

I was able to find this in my garbage Clymers service manual but in traditional Clymers fashion it doesn’t specify the thickness needed for the wood at TDC. I suppose I’m just a vertical measurement away from building them out of wood but I was hoping people would jump in and talk about what’s worked for them.
IMG_6210.jpeg

Fuck it I made my own quick. I essentially used the measurements above and made the thickness 1 5/16”. That gives you the right thickness when the pistons are at TDC.
IMG_6212.jpeg

IMG_6213.jpeg

IMG_6215.jpeg

Last edited:
Back