• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Long Process but Finally Charging Correctly

Artie

CB750 Member
Reaction score
My 1976 K 6 charging would work perfectly until 13 or 14 miles of driving then voltage would drop off to about 11 volts and battery would slowly go down and I'd head for home ,cool down and test everything all components tested to spec???rigged up voltmeter to my tank bag and duplicated issue this time and heading home and testing everything when hot, Ouch PIA job! everything tested to spec again
Couldn't believe it was true?
Repeated this for a about five times same thing each time replaced stator and field coil for low bucks on e bay-even though they tested in the spec hot and cold each time put on a new ricks rectifier regulator finally nothing left other than wiring harness which CB 750.com supplied at a very reasonable price Bingo !!! Rode it twice now for 50 miles each time Perfect charging rates
It was the harness from the git go
My friend who is a dealer says he see seen it a few times always at steering head where I have is flexes back-and-forth intermittent opens or high resistance makes sense heat rising from motor when stopped each time over 40 years
I feel pretty dumb but I'm proud that I stuck it out and now I've got new electrical system and I now know Cb750 system inside out ! it was a lesson
Experience is King!

Back