• Enter the May CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

intro but no bike... yet.

Wrong? What's wrong?

The process seems a little more complicated in WI. I think it depends on the age of the bike here. A friend did it once with just 4 pictures and a bill of sale. I tried with a newer bike (24 years old at the time) and needed a surety bond for 1.5 times the value of the bike along with a bunch of other stuff.

On Yama don: I only met him that one time when I bought that parts bike, I did a lowball bid on eBay and won. It was Grawn, I couln't remember the name of the town, only that it was south of Traverse City. Real nice guy, he let me loook through his collection. I tried to get another bike, but he wouldn't budge on what I was willing to offer. He's really an xs11 guy, he has a couple real nice ones in his shop. He also had a cherry 70 xs650.

As for getting a title in Michigan. It used to be a lot easier a couple of years back. The SOS just needed a bill of sale and they did a stolen title search. Like cyclebuster says, it's just a lot of running around and paperwork. It can be done.

Deadchef: I found you on xs650.com, I’m there too under the same username. Good luck with your xs650 build.

On Yama don: I only met him that one time when I bought that parts bike, I did a lowball bid on eBay and won. It was Grawn, I couln't remember the name of the town, only that it was south of Traverse City. Real nice guy, he let me loook through his collection. I tried to get another bike, but he wouldn't budge on what I was willing to offer. He's really an xs11 guy, he has a couple real nice ones in his shop. He also had a cherry 70 xs650.

As for getting a title in Michigan. It used to be a lot easier a couple of years back. The SOS just needed a bill of sale and they did a stolen title search. Like cyclebuster says, it's just a lot of running around and paperwork. It can be done.

Deadchef: I found you on xs650.com, I’m there too under the same username. Good luck with your xs650 build.

i really need to update my build thread. i'm sending out my crank & cam to HHB this week. gotta love tax returns!

Back