• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

CB750K, NGK plug cap discontinued?

Qaxe

CB750 Addict
Reaction score
Did a bench-test on my ignition coils and spark-plug caps today. My no-brand plug caps numbers are all over the place. 51 ohms?!, nothin'..., 9.5 ohms and 11.3 ohms. I reckon it's time to buy new plug caps!
Seems that the CB750K wants VD05f and SD05f caps, but VD05F has been discontinued by NGK. The next best fit is apparently XD05F...which has also been discontinued by NGK. Luckily, VintageCB750 and CB750Supply both have some XD05F caps.

Anybody buy plug caps recently? Or rather... those of us who rock the stock ignition, what are you using for cylinders 1&4?

Last edited:
Did a bench-test on my ignition coils and spark-plug caps today. My no-brand plug caps numbers are all over the place. 51 ohms?!, nothin'..., 9.5 ohms and 11.3 ohms. I reckon it's time to buy new plug caps!
Seems that the CB750K wants VD05f and SD05f caps, but VD05F has been discontinued by NGK. The next best fit is apparently XD05F...which has also been discontinued by NGK. Luckily, VintageCB750 and CB750Supply both have some XD05F caps.

Anybody buy plug caps recently? Or rather... those of us who rock the stock ignition, what are you using for cylinders 1&4?
David silver's honda spares are showing they still have them in stock

Thank you. I only saw the red version the first time I looked.
For anybody interested, DSS actually do have black (search by part #: 30700GAR000P)

Last edited:
Back