• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Bike not charging?

Sean Wilson

CB750 New member
Reaction score
I recently acquired my 1982 CB750C and can not get it to charge the battery. i have put in a new stator and tested it, getting 15v ac on each of the yellow wires.
I have also put a new regulator/rectifier on but getting no output to battery? The regulator/rectifier just gets hot. I am at a loss as what to do next.

R&R sounds like a piece of garbage. Be careful buying cheap parts on Amazon for bikes.
Have you tested the R&R output to the battery? If there is nothing there, replace it (again).
Also look at the connections from the R&R to the battery, including connectors and fuses.

I get your point about the R&R it came new from ebay. When testing the output from the R&R it only shows battery voltage. The connector plug on the output side all look good but i cant see any fuses?

I get your point about the R&R it came new from ebay. When testing the output from the R&R it only shows battery voltage. The connector plug on the output side all look good but i cant see any fuses?
Not all bikes are the same. I mentioned a fuse because there is always one right off the battery positive terminal before or after the starter relay. I didn't know if there was one on your bike between the R&R and battery.

UPDATE......Fitted another R&R from a bike shop at four times the price as the Ebay one & still not charging.
Hang on to it, you have a spare now. But still sucks. I'm not great with electrical but I'll try to help. There are two 4-pin connectors between the R&R and the starter relay; make sure you have continuity all the way to the relay. Make sure the ground of the R&R is a good ground. This is arguably the more important thing to check.

Last edited:
Back