• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

'84 Nighthawk S Uneven fork length question

capt42104

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Hello all!

I am going thru a low mile 1984 Nighthawk S and just started on the front forks and discovered something I am not used to coming across. With the wheel and fender assy removed the right fork FREE hangs about 25mm further than the left.
:o
Is this normal? I am the second owner since new and the original owner had all the work done by various folks and shops with no records. The springs are the same length as are spacers and the springs both protrude the same from the tube with the cap off when then the forks are fully extended.

I can see from Honda and Tarozzi the sanction tubes are different and assume this is due to the left leg anti-dive.

Thanks for any input.

Vince

UPDATE!
Just disassembled both forks and found most of the damper rods to have the opposite side hardware on them, even found one side of the damper bottom bolt was missing the copper seal washer and the other had 2! I now have the o-rings and copper seals on order. Hopefully having the right parts in the forks will solve this mystery.

Back