Wiseco 836 kit questions

Gabby

CB750 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi. I'm looking at fitting Wiseco pistons to turn my K7 into an 836. With the extra ponies and higher compression, should I be upgrading the head studs, or at least renewing the originals? Also, I have #115 main jets - do you think these will need to be larger and are there any other changes needed to carbs?
These are good quality items as far as I am aware; any recommendations on whether to go with this or is there a better option? My main reason for doing it is that over-size standard items are not available. Thanks, G

I always recommend heavy duty studs on any cb750 even if it is stock, the oems stretch too easy. Is this just a street motor? Reason I ask is if you are really going to run it hard you need to look at having your rods check and at a minimum you should replace the bolts. Also you need to look into a slightly bigger camshaft and at least do some smoothing in the ports and look at having a valve job done. With the increase in displacement if you dont go slighly bigger on the cam and do a little head work you are really choking the motor for air. It will run but you will be disappointed with the upper middle and upper rpm range. You will need to jet the carbs when you are done. You need to see how it runs then adjust from there...there is no one size fits all when it comes to jetting, every motor will run different and way to many things affect jetting to say what is needed.

Thanks dirtdigger. This is a street bike and I'm not looking for much more performance; it's mostly because I can't find first (or any) over-size Honda parts. So I would prefer not to spend more on a cam. The port work and carb mods won't be a problem. I suppose a standard exhaust is also going to choke this up a bit - is that a fair assumption?

Back