• Enter the May CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Winter storage

venZon

CB750 Member
Reaction score
I did a search and found nothing...

Storing me 82 cb750c for the winter and wanted to know if there is anything special besides adding fuel stabilizer and having a full tank and obviously pulling the battery? Saw a few did tent types and saw some say use seafoam instead of sta-bil? With a older bike like this just seeing what everyone else is doing.

We get some nasty winters here but she be inside my insulated garage at least. I hope to tinker with her over the winter a bit as well.

Thanks

Mine is stored in my basement (68+ deg all winter long) all winter and I pretty much just drain the carbs and drain the tank, then just disconnect the battery and toss a battery tender on it and leave it till spring. Then in the spring, I change the fluids and filter(s), hook the battery back up, put some fresh gas in it, and go riding. Plus side to having it in the house (Basement is completely unfinished) is I can also work on it over the winter. Win win for me.

Hippie pretty much covered it. Draining the carbs is the most important. These days you you can get away with not draining the tank because gas isn't the same liquid it used to be. You can keep the gas in the tank for 3-4 months and it will be fine. (maybe longer, I'm only quoting what I have actually done myself with CA gas)

Make sure the tires are clean of anything (road grime) that might cause the sidewalls to dry out. You can even wipe them down with oil or wd-40 if you like. Put the bike on the center stand or something else to take the weight off the tires and springs.

Back