• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Why is this bolt here?

Shabah210

CB750 New member
Reaction score
Working on my 72 cb750. I purchased the bike after 10 years of little use. I found that it had really bad front brake drag. I eliminated the master cylinder suspects and disassembled the wheel cylinder. The piston was really hard to move and there was buildup around the inside of bore. I cleaned those things up and then started looking more carefully at the brake housing. There is a bolt threaded into the end of the housing and protruding slightly into the bore. I appears to be keeping the piston from seating fully down in bore. I assumed that this was a model specific but can't find any picture the shows this bolt on any other bike.
Can anyone explain?

1712760682904.png

Maybe someone drilled and tapped that hole so they could put a long bolt in there to push a stuck piston out of the bore. They then put a short bolt in to plug the hole after. Have you had the bolt out? There must be something sealing it to keep it from leaking.

Back