• Enter the May CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Who makes good alternator rotors, specifically for a '79?

xander18

CB750 Member
Reaction score
I bought a Racetech a few weeks ago and it ALREADY broke. The soldered connection from the slip ring to the coil popped right off. From the fit and finish of the rest of the part I don't think it's an isolated incident so I want to try another vendor.

Can anyone recommend a quality repop rotor? I'd also be interested in trying to get my stock rotor rewound.

I bought one from a Canadian company trying to save money and boy, that bit me in the rear right away over like $20. The first one I got seemed like it wouldnt go on all the way only to find out, it was to tall and about took out my brushes and brush holder but thankfully I caught it right away so damage was very very minimal. I ended up buying a Ricks Motorsports one from Dennis Kirk and they are VERY high quality and worked AMAZING!!! Best part too is that Dennis Kirk is only 30 miles from my house so I had it the same day. In the pictures, the cheap junk one is on the left and was on the bike for all of 15 minutes. It looks like it was a used part when it got to me. The one on the right in all of the pictures is the good high quality Ricks Motorsports rotor. Like they say, you get what you pay for and I tried to go cheap and it bit me hard. lol

Link to Alt Rotor for 1979 Honda CB750 - http://bit.ly/1FM3Ii7

On the one pictures, the black marks and stuff on the rings are from the brush holder inside the side cover due to it not fitting properly.

IMG_20140607_160054.jpg

IMG_20140607_160203.jpg

IMG_20140607_160237.jpg

IMG_20140607_160259.jpg

IMG_20140607_160351.jpg

Sorry for the big pictures. They were already on my server and was too lazy to download them all, resize them and reupload them. lol

PS, your not the first one I have heard that had issues with a Racetech one. Thats why I didnt buy it. Mine is going on 2 years solid now and still looks brand new in my bike and working 110%.

Hey Kevin,

Well if that was corporate shilling it was artfully done, just placed an order. Man the quality looks way better on that one, the Racetech one looked like a rough unfinished casting. Thanks!

This here is the one I ordered trying to save a few bucks only to get that POS pictured on the left. Their product photo looks WAY better than what I received and I dont know who they use for shipping but I never shipped it back as they dont cover any return shipping and the cheapest I could get it sent back for was like $50 cause it was so stinking heavy for its size so I said screw it and just ate the cost.

http://www.siriusconinc.com/pro-detail.php?pid=&product_id=6965

It states it will fit but I dont know if they sent me the wrong one or what but it didnt fit and it didnt look anything like a new one when I got it. I was not happy what so ever. I have used Ricks parts for years on my my other toys like ATVs and stuff and always had great luck with them and should have just got that one from the beginning. Lesson learned. lol

Back