• Enter the May CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

which bike do you think is best.80750f,or 92 750 nighthawk

Cruiserlover

CB750 Member
Reaction score
I like them both.I think the 92 nighthawk has hydraulic valves,no shims.That is a big plus to me.It has 38,000 miles, the 80 750 f has only 9,000.Both same price.

I would definitely suspect the early bike mileage. On the other hand, enough mileage on the newer one to already be cooking cam chain tensioner rubber parts in Texas, they commonly begin to go bad around 30K or so, the rubber will have myriad cracks.

I have lived in the hot south 67 years.I have never had that happen.But thanks for the headsup.The only bikes made that I know of that happens to is a harley davidson twin cam and a suzuki c50. It has nothing to do with heat.The c50 is poor engineering.The harley is because its a harley.Also 1950 engineering.Suzuki had the great intruder engine,changed it to meet epa.Now those engines typically blow up at 40,000 even if perfectly maintained.I owned 2.never again.

Back