• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Upper rear shock mount question

jasonscb750build

CB750 Enthusiast
Reaction score
While removing the rear shocks on my 82 750K, I noticed that the welded on bung and stud mount is different thicknesses on the left and right side. Has anyone ever seen this or know anything about it? Is this from the factory or is this some backyard shade tree special?
20240327_212021.jpg
20240328_095031.jpg

Just got my '79 CB750L out to go for a ride. Happened to remember this post as I wiped the dust off of her, so I took a look at the rear upper shock mounts. My upper shock mounts are also staggered like the OP's. My bike has never been molested, so that's apparently the way they came from the factory.

Just got my '79 CB750L out to go for a ride. Happened to remember this post as I wiped the dust off of her, so I took a look at the rear upper shock mounts. My upper shock mounts are also staggered like the OP's. My bike has never been molested, so that's apparently the way they came from the factory.
Thanks for taking a look man. đź‘Ť

Back