• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Tank liner suggestions?

jeremiah7191

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Good day!
I have a 1996 750 Nighthawk that has a little rust in the tank. I've been told that it might be best to line the tank. I've seen Kreem and watched a few videos about KBS liners.
Any suggestions on whether one is better than the other? Thank you in advance.

I would line a tank only as a last resort like when you have pinholes, they don't always last and then you have to get it out.
Clean the tank instead. You can use phosphoric acid (concrete etching solution), evaporust, or MEK (substitute).
I've used evaporust with decent results. I'm about to try dissolving a failed tank liner with MEK and acetone to see which works best.

Good advice.
Take tank off. Be careful with cleaning solution.
I use some 6 inch small loop chains from ACE hardware drop in the tank and rotate/ shake tank to knock any rust free.
You should have an inline clear fuel filter to see if any rust is getting out of the tank. Plus the fuel shutoff has a filter.

Thanks for the advice. The rust in the tank isn't really bad or completely covering the inside of the tank.
I'll try those ideas and see if I can clear it up. Thank you!

Back