• Enter the May CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

SPROCKETS & CHAIN S.O.S. ( from 630 to 530 )

Luis Etchenique

'79 CB750F Super Sport
Reaction score
hello old friends --

my modified '79 CB750F S/S has the stock final-drive setup: 15T front sprocket and 38T rear, with a 90 link 630 pitch chain

so the bike runs great, but I wish it was geared a bit taller -- at 4000 RPM I’m doing 52 MPH in 5th gear, and I certainly would like it to reduce the RPM level for a more relaxing cruising; I just use the bike very occasionally for a quick run to the coffee shop with couple of my biker friends, and do not want -or need- all the currently available acceleration or high RPM levels

so I have decided to alter my setup to a 17T and keep the rear 38T ... BUT I would like to change the whole setup into a 530 pitch size, since this would mean a lighter and bit smaller

- is this possible ?
- has anyone done this ?
- does anyone know who would sell such matching complete set ? ( front sprocket, / chain / rear sprocket )

thank you as always for the input, comments or suggestions

-- Luis
'79 CB750F S/S

IMG_2383.jpeg

Last edited:
Luis, how are ya'? I bought a cb750 part from you last year and I got that red beauty in person. Still looking pristine!
Sorry to hijack the thread, back to Luis's question....

Back