• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Spoked wheels for a 79…?

Yep, base model K's had spoked wheels with the same mounting dimensions and brake drums in 79. I believe 80 and 81 models were the same but I'd have to check the parts lists again.
Good luck finding complete spoked wheels though -- they're fairly scarce on Ebay and elsewhere. If you know how to build wheels you can sometimes find the bare hubs and build them up; new spokes and rims are still available and VintageCB750 carries them.
I watched ebay for a couple months before a complete rear 18" wheel with rusty spokes showed up. I rebuilt it with new spokes to replace my stock 17" rear wheel.
Coincidentally, I am planning to sell that 17" rear wheel soon if you're interested, but a good amount of the chrome has flaked off of the rim and the spokes are not very pretty so it's not cosmetically great. Rides fine though.

Hi all, a quick follow up question. Does anyone know if a 84 CB750 FD rear wheel (comstars) are compatible/straight swap for 79 wheels?

Back