Setting up pod filters

I am new and by no means an expert, but from what others have said it requires different size jets. From the little knowledge I have gained while rebuilding my bike apparently the airbox, carbs, and exhaust are one system. If you mess with one you may have to mess with the rest. Also I think the amount of oil (not engine oil) put onto the pods is what balances airflow. Can anyone confirm if I have stated things correctly?

You will have to try different jets and needle position until you get good plug readings and good engine response. Or other option is to take it to a shop with a dyno where they can monitor AF ratio and make adjustments as needed. There is no one size fits all jetting for any modification, to many things influence air/fuel mixture requirements.

The oils only purpose on the airfilters is to catch dirt particles. To much will restrict air flow. You can install just pods with no other mods other than jetting but you really wont gain much performance over the stock air box on a stock motor.

Back