rim swap

bigcity81

CB750 Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I have a 1975 750f with a Constar mag up front and a spoked drum out back. What would be a very easy swap olup front because I want both to be spoked thanks in advance

F rear wheels are specific to F models. The front is no different to my knowledge any spoked cb750 wheel should fit, you may have to use your axle. your rear should be a spoked disk brake. if its not your going to have to buy some very expensive F model only parts.

Yea an F with a spoked drum rear I was given the bike for free and on the title it says F. At some point the PO swapped it from disk to drum I believe he said it was from a K, if memory serves me correctly. There is a guy here is mass that buys and sells all old CB'S so I think I could get some parts from him relatively cheap I hope either way what ever im paying out of pocket isn't much seeing how I didn't pay anything for the bike. So the wife has nothing to bitch about lol. I want to swap the front out for a spoked rim, because one spoked and one mag doesn't look right on a cafe bike IMHO

If you can find a clean CB750F rear wheel cheap you better fly over there and snag it today. got pics?

While your at it make sure you grab the rear master cylinder, master cyl. mounting bracket, brake switch, caliper mount, torque link and hardware. The frame should still have any mounts still on the frame. Remember to get all the related hardware from the donor bike. A good manual will show exploded diagrams of all parts. Have fun.

Back