• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Rear Drum Brake Issue

RonnieHarry750

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Rebuilding a 1995 Nighthawk, My rear drum brake will not brake hard even with the new brake shoes I installed. Is this common? I would have thought you could lock up the rear brake but I cannot do it on mine. Anyone else have this issue and if you corrected how did you do it? Thanks!

1992 nighthawk here rear drum brake - not able to lock up. Normal with this setup. I just installed a new rear tire / adjusted rear brake linkage no lock up available. Nature of the beast.

Every drum brake has a wear limit on the inside circumference of the drum. It is not “Nature of the beast.” It’s not uncommon to have the limits of the drum exceeded. If it is exceeded, only a different drum with a in limits will work.

Sorry being a mechanically linked rear drum brake unless you stand on the rear brake weight off the seat - locking the rear brake is unlikely.

“Nature of the beast”

Sorry being a mechanically linked rear drum brake unless you stand on the rear brake weight off the seat - locking the rear brake is unlikely.

“Nature of the beast”

Unless you're riding in the rain. :eek:

Back