• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

purchasing a 1982 Honda CB750C

dtran05

CB750 New member
Reaction score
Hey y'all,

I'm thinking about purchasing this 1982 Honda CB750C. Here is the link to it: http://dothan.craigslist.org/mcy/5544749470.html

According to the seller, it has a brand new chain and sprocket set. The engine and the exhaust are ceramic high temp paint. For perfect performance, the carbs need to be synched. The seller is offering me the bike for $1300. Your advice is greatly appreciated.

I also just posted a bunch of questions to him in regards to the motorcycle from clarity.net. I will update with the responses upon receiving his answers.

According to the seller, the bike has not been downed. The oil is changed once a month whether or not he rides it. The valves will need to have the carbs checked and synced, but they aren't too far out. The bike starts and runs well. The only mod is a rear fender change. He also says he has no concerns about safety when it comes to riding the bike.

Once a month? I smell something...

I change the oil once a month = It leaks so bad I have to constantly add oil.

The valves need adjusted = I put the valve shims in random places when I put it back together because I didn't know what I was doing.

The carbs need synced = It runs like crap, backfires, fouls plugs. Might actually be caused by the valves.

Hi-temp ceramic paint = I painted it with a spray can.

NO WAY Dude

Once a month NOT DRIVING.......................that has scam all over it. So does this................'they aren't too far out.' One either knows exactly how much having checked or lies. If a guess, not good enough for the last $400 to me. The 'no concerns about safety' thing is wonky too. Somebody adding various BS statements to take up time while not telling the truth................................too high, too high, too high. Gettin' higher by the minute.

I personally look for bikes that have not been messed with, that one has been in pieces bigtime. The mark of one (usually unlearned) who leaves nothing untouched (breaks it all) and death to me. Rather have one totally neglected instead, or dumb enough owner to barely know how to switch key on.

X2 Dave post #6.

But then, like I have said, my last two were given to me, an F and a SC. That surely tilts my judgement.

Back